Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Falling, again


I think I am falling in love with Delhi, all over again. Guess I have realised this: When you come to a city, it feels like meeting a woman for the first time. You see her from a distance. Then you see the way she walks (A slight sway of the hips can tell a not-so-slight story). Then you go up to her and talk. You test her, taunt her and if everything falls into place you strike up a conversation. And so, a relationships begins.

My affair with Delhi started this way. And let me not go into the details because a lot of things in it are personal. But I don't mind revealing that it hasn't been quite a lived-happily-ever-after fairytale.

But a love affair is a love affair after all. Certain bonds grow roots so deep that long after the leaves have fallen, you are still reminded of the shade.

Well, this woman is still very much here. And she doesn't fail to surprise me everytime I think that it is over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nicely written...really liked it.

J said...

My sentiments exactly.. :)
A slow and subtle feeling it is..

J said...

:)
Nice and subtle feeling it is..