Sunday, December 12, 2010

Going, going...gone

Pic: Corbett

Crossed my 30th year last month. Okay. I lied. 31st perhaps.
Had thought that I would write here on that day. But time had been teaching me lessons.
We go through life with most of us thinking that we aren’t getting enough done or we aren’t achieving anything substantial. I do tend to think like that.
But sometimes, when I look back at my life I realise that so many things have changed. Among them, perhaps the most important and interesting change is the change in me.
Yes, it is true. It is like soil erosion. Time, without fail, manages to sweep away layer after layer of confusion, love, hate and all the knots that a human mind acquires, ironically, over time, itself.
For instance, I have understood that bowing down to someone or something is not an act of weakness. On some occasions, it can mean that the person who accepts defeat has immense strength. The emotions that spur this action can be worth looking into, but I will leave that to time, who else.
Acceptance of you, which comes with the action of backing off, can be the first step towards maturity. And can make you feel really good, about yourself.

No comments: